October 2nd – 3rd 2021
Wallingford Station, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9GQ
Welcome to Wallingford at War, the 1940s weekend at Cholsey & Wallingford Railway.
Experience the 1940s and the Second World War with authentic re-enactors, Home Guard, allied forces, learn all about rationing, Special Operations and Home Front displays along with 1940s singers and vintage vehicles. Can you spot the camouflaged sniper and be sure to keep an eye out for any illicit black market deals happening at the station.
Winston Churchill and Field Marshal Lord Alanbrooke will be opening proceedings with a guard of honour from the Oxfordshire Home Guard. Interact with over 100 re-enactors throughout the site, they’ll be able to tell you their story and have a surprise or two for you.
So get your glad rags on, put on your best suit and get your tickets to be transported to the 1940s and Wallingford at War on the Cholsey & Wallingford Railway.
- A unique experience recreating the sights and sounds of the 1940s during World War 2 at Wallingford Station.
- Interact with over 100 re-enactors at our Wallingford site.
- Vintage vehicles – traction engines, military vehicles, classic cars and motorbikes.
- Live music – from two fabulous singers performing the sounds of the 1940s to get your feet moving.
- Exciting interactive experiences with surprises in store throughout the day.
- Heritage train rides available on our 2.5 mile rural branchline throughout the day. Interact on the train with troops, maybe talk with Winston Churchill or have a sing-along to boost morale!
- Food and drink.
- Plus much, much more!